Tuesday, August 24, 2010

To Bang or Not to Bang?

I have a habit. When I get stressed or have big decisions to make, I instead focus on small, unimportant things. Like right now. I'm getting my hair cut in the next week or so, and I can't decide whether to get bangs. I feel the need for something new, and this is a less destructive change than some others I could make, but I don't know. Bangs are such a commitment. They require maintenance, and if you the thrill of them wear off, they take FOREVER to grow out. Ask me how I know.

In other news, my husband is supposed to take the kids to visit their grandparent's for the day. If you understood the horror I went through yesterday with them, you'd understand my excitement. Anyway, I think when they're gone, I'm going to work on adding a few articles to my Suite 101 library. Although I like the freedom and community at Suite, the low pay sometimes makes it hard for me to get motivated to write. But this week, they relaxed their editorial guidelines, which I think will make the writing more fun and easier, so I figured I'll write up a few for them and see how it goes. I've been watching my revenue carefully this month, and so far, August is the first month since I started writing for them on New Year's Eve that I haven't had one 0 revenue day. (So far, at least.) Sure a few days revenue has been 3 or 5 cents, but at least it's something.

Hopefully, I'll get all the writing done that I want and still have enough time left over before the fam comes home to watch a scary movie and knit for awhile. It's funny, it's not even so much that the babies cut into the knitting time so much as it is that I can't knit because Logan is too interested in the yarn and needles and wants to try to take them away from me. If he ends up being a knitter, I will probably think that's funny one day, but right now it's just distracting.

No comments: