Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Time for change...

Back in July, I happened to come across a comment about a book on someone's blog. The book sounded interesting, so I ordered it. "The 4-Hour Workweek," by Timothy Ferriss, arrived a few days later. I was about to leave for vacation, so I gave it a cursory glance and forgot about it for the next month. It was mid-August when next I picked it up, and I haven't put it down since. The book is all about lifestyle redesign, and it's a fascinating read for whatever stage in life you are in.
It got me thinking about how out of balance my life has become. I work at home as a freelance writer, and while I love it, I feel like I've gotten away from the goals that made me want to do that in the first place. Namely, to spend lots of time with my kids. Well, I do spend lots of time with my kids, but a good deal of that is while I'm typing away while my two-year old watches cartoons next to me. Not good.
This book has made me remember my earlier goal of creating enough residual income to live on so that I don't have to do as much for up-front pay. It also gave a bunch of ideas for how to do that.
Check this book out, it is a life changer!

No comments: